BRIGHTON, Mich.- Spring is back and we have come up with a couple of handy spring gardening tips to help you continue moving into the season! Now that the snow is hopefully done for, it is time to get ready to get your garden blooming again! Apply these tips as you enjoy the outdoors and beautify your yard or patio! Here are our 5 Easy Spring Gardening Tips:
1. Remove dead and damaged branches from trees to help them recover from winter damage. Then you can trim hedges, shrubs, and smaller plants to allow for spring growth!
2. Start a compost bin so that you can be as sustainable as possible while also providing your plants with even richer nutrients! Just chop up larger debris and have equal amounts of brown and green plant materials. In your compost bin you can include dead leaves, grass clippings, coffee grounds, and some fruit. This is a great way to cut down on some perishable garbage!
3. Check the pH of your soil with a test kit and adjust as necessary. There are several different kits available for purchase at your local nursery. This is an aspect that is overlooked by a lot of people. Make sure your plants are getting the right recipe for growth!
4. Use water left over from boiling vegetables for your potted plants. Don’t forget to cool it down to room temperature first though. The nutrients that seep into the water will fertilize the plants!
5. Use some coffee grounds mixed with water and feed them to your herbs. Coffee grounds are a great source of nitrogen, which is essential for plant growth.
Hopefully our 5 Easy Spring Gardening Tips help you to grow a bountiful garden this season. If you are looking into a new vehicle to take you into spring, Brighton Ford can help you with the purchase process as your Lake Fenton Area Ford Dealer! We offer Auto Loans in Lake Fenton MI and Used Car Loans in Lake Fenton MI. We also offer certified preowned cars for sale in Lake Fenton MI and can offer you used car value in Lake Fenton, MI. Brighton Ford is located at 8240 Grand River Avenue, just north of I-96 in Brighton. We are a family-owned business that prides ourself on customer services. For more information on Brighton Ford visit BrightonFord.com or give us a call at (800)-836-8206.