Over 500 Ford employees will be painting shelters, renovating family centers and helping to build homes around southeast Michigan. The organizations Ford will be working with will share more than $57,000 in Ford grants to purchase tools, supplies and other materials that are needed to complete the projects. Ford Motor Company is using their people and recourses to their advantage to help create a better foundation for people in the community.
The nonprofit organizations that will be receiving up to $5,000 in grants from Ford Motor Company for the projects are:
- Arts & Scraps, Detroit – Organize and inventory robots materials
- Focus: Hope, Detroit – Create family literacy area at Center for Children
- Girl Scouts of SE Michigan, Detroit – Assemble learning kits for girls
- Grandmont Rosedale Development, Detroit – Transform vacant house into a family’s home
- Habitat for Humanity, Monroe – Install flooring and hang kitchen cabinets
- Junior Achievement, Detroit – Assist students with financial literacy exercises
- Matrix Human Services, Detroit – Pack baby shower baskets with infant necessities
- Methodist Children’s Home, Redford – Clean, paint and create a sensory wall
- Northville Community Foundation, Northville – Secure flooring in Maybury Farm barn
- Penrickton Center, Taylor – Restore resonance boards and repaint murals
- Ruth Ellis Center, Detroit – Paint residential facility
- Salvation Army, Denby Center, Detroit – Refresh residential cottages
- Starfish Family Services, Inkster – Participate in literacy activities with children
- Vista Maria, Dearborn Heights – Paint interior common areas and living quarters for girls
- World Medical Relief, Detroit – Assemble basic hygiene kits
Thousands of Ford employees from all over the world participate in community service activities year round. They are not just painting and building these projects, they are also serving as mentors to young people and engaging them in educational activities. Ford Volunteer Corps' "Ford Accelerated Action Day" focuses mainly high-priority projects and other community service involvement throughout the year takes in place within Ford employees home towns. Thank you for all that you are doing today, Ford Volunteers!
Brighton Ford is proud to be involved in our local and surrounding communities. To see what we have going on right now, visit our Community Events Page! We are located at 8240 Grand River Ave. just north of I-96 in Brighton. We are a family owned and operated business that strives for customer satisfaction. For more information on Brighton Ford visit BrightonFord.com or give us a call at (800) 836-8206.
Post a Comment