Metro Detroit Ford Dealer!
1. Be aware of your vehicle's maintenance schedule - Your owner's manual outlines all of the recommended maintenance for your vehicle, and it's important to stick to this schedule to take care of your car and avoid bigger repairs in the long run.
2. Take care of your tires - Making sure that your tires are always properly inflated can actually help you save on fuel by improving gas mileage by 3.3%, while also extending the life of your tires. But, taking care of your tires also prevents significant tire damage from road conditions like potholes.
3. Pay attention to warning lights - Do not ignore your vehicle's warning lights on the dashboard! These warning lights notify you when something is wrong with your vehicle, and ignoring them can cause significant damage to your vehicle. Check out our blog post on Vehicle Warning Lights - Meanings & Actions to learn more.
4. Don't run on E - The way engines are built today, they rely on gas to cool and lubricate the engine's components. Which means that if you're always running on fumes, your car could easily break down, causing hundreds of dollars in repairs. So, try to always keep your gas tank above 1/4 tank.
5. Windshield wiper care - Always make sure that your windshield wipers are in tip-top shape so that when you need them most, they aren't broken or streaking and obstructing your view. Windshield wipers are easy to clean or replace at home. Learn How To Clean Your Windshield Wipers & Extend Their Life.
These 5 Car Care Tips For Teens are easy to do at home, but if you need help with some of your vehicle's routine maintenance we can definitely help you out! You can also save money on routine maintenance with our Oil Change Coupons and Tire Rotation Coupons! Brighton Ford is located at 8240 Grand River Ave. just north of I-96 in Brighton. We are a family owned and operated business that strives on customer satisfaction. For more information on Brighton Ford visit BrightonFord.com or give us a call at (800)-836-8206.
Follow us on: Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Google+