Tips For Better Fuel Economy:
1. RELAX. Being stuck in rush-hour traffic or running late can lead to aggressive driving like accelerating/braking rapidly which can lower fuel efficiency by up to 33%! And watch your speed too because gas mileage decreases rapidly at speeds above 60 mph!
2. MINIMIZE. Empty your vehicle of unnecessary items that you don't need to carry around to increase mpg by up to 2%!
3. TURN OFF. If you're waiting for someone turn off your engine rather than idling, which can burn a quarter to a half gallon of fuel per hour depending on your engine size!
4. TIRES. Make sure your tires are in good shape and properly inflated. This will help them to last longer and increase fuel efficiency by up to 3.3%! Save with our Tire Discounts and Tire Rotation Coupons!
5. CRUISE. Take advantage of your cruise control to keep you at a constant speed which will utilize less gas.
Whether you're in a Used Car or new vehicle like the Ford C-Max or Ford Fusion, which have great fuel economy, being more aware of how you are driving can help you achieve better fuel economy. For more information on fuel efficient vehicles stop by Brighton Ford located at 8240 Grand River Ave. just north of I-96 in Brighton or give us a call at (800)-836-8206. We are a family owned and operated business that strives on customer satisfaction.
Follow us on: Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Google+