BRIGHTON, MI – The past couple weeks have been really hot and humid in Michigan! We want to give you a few tips on how to stay cool in your Ford vehicle this summer. These tips will help keep your air conditioner running efficiently and make you more comfortable during your commute.
- The moment you get into your vehicle, roll your windows down. This will release all the hot air that’s trapped inside.
- Turn you’re A/C on max to cool everything down. It shouldn’t take more than 10 minutes for this to happen. The A/C in your Ford vehicle works very well, having as much power as an air conditioner in a small house.
- If you get too cold, don’t keep switching the air on and off. Try to find a constant temperature that you’re comfortable in.
- When it’s not too hot out, roll your windows down. This is good when you’re driving around town or making a quick trip.
- Always try to park in the shade or use a reflective windshield shade. This will lower your cabin temperature when you get in the car so you won't have to blast the air right away.
- If your vehicle has a moonroof, always close the roof shade. This will help reduce the amount of sun shining into your car and lower the cabin temperature as well.
- If you have a remote start on your vehicle, remember to set the climate temperature before you get out of your car. This way your car is already cool before you even get in.
Follow us on: Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Google+