Brighton, MI Used Car Dealer and you'll be ready to cruise when the sun starts shining!
Spring Vehicle Maintenance Tips
1. Check your brakes for wear and make sure pads or shoes are always replaced before damage to the drums or rotors occurs.
2. Check your tires, not only for uneven or irregular wear, but also for proper tire pressure to prevent premature wear and to encourage optimal fuel economy.
3. April showers bring May flowers, so check your windshield wipers to make sure you're ready for the rain. Clean or replace streaking wipers to increase visibility.
4. Important for safe driving year-round, check all of your headlamps, tail lamps, turn signals, and hazard lights to make sure your vehicle is visible is dark or foggy conditions.
5. Entend the life of your vehicle and improve its performance by checking and replacing the air filter. A clean air filter allows clean air flow into the engine.
6. Your oil should be checked and replaced often, but low or dirty oil can possibly cause even more damage to your vehicle as the temperature increases in the coming months.
7. Check all of your vehicle's fluid levels and make sure they have been changed according to the recommendations in your owner's manual to ensure proper performance.
8. For optimal engine performance and maximized fuel economy, check engine belts, hoses, and the fuel filter, and make sure they are replaced as stated in the owner's manual.
9. After a cold Winter, it is definitely important to check the battery, looking for corroded terminals or a bulging/cracked case.
10. Lastly, after driving on rough Michigan roads, check your shocks and struts to ensure a smooth and safe ride.
As you get into Spring cleaning mode, keep these Spring Vehicle Maintenance Tips in mind to make sure your vehicle is ready for the coming season. Preventative maintenance will save you money in the long run, and will also keep you safe out on the road. Plus, you can save even more on routine vehicle maintenance with our Oil Change Coupons, Tire Rotation Coupons, Tire Discounts, and Brake Shop Discounts. Let us help with your Spring Vehicle Maintenance! Brighton Ford is located at 8240 Grand River Ave. just north of I-96 in Brighton. We are a family owned and operated business that strives on customer satisfaction. For more information on Brighton Ford visit BrightonFord.com or give us a call at (800)-836-8206.
Follow us on: Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Google+
Post a Comment